So it’s nearing pay day and that to me only means one thing.. Buying clothes for the night out ahead. Pay day is the biggest nights out (besides the bank holidays), with many newbie university starters heading out, its time to update your wardrobe!
But before I start I wanted to say that honestly.. I hate painting my nails, dressing up and looking girly sometimes. Right now I am writing this with my hair in a bun, makeup free and in my pj’s.. the time is currently 12:48.
Yet I do have those days where I want to put a face mask on, research on the latest fashion tips and tricks, try them out and meet up with friends. So sometimes beauty bloggers aren’t in the full face makeup and wearing heels all the time. *Now time to take notes*
With my makeup I always look out for the latest fashion bloggers/ vloggers to help me. Makeup By Leyla is by far (in my opinion) the best makeup blogger. I stumbled upon her YouTube account when looking for a Kylie Jenner inspired make up tutorial.
The makeup tutorial shows you how to apply the makeup and also how to contour! I think by far this is the best tutorial to watch on how to get your contour right. (In my opinion)
Before the night out, I love researching into my look and what I would like to wear and also how i would like my makeup. So by getting inspiration I thought it was time to treat myself.
I needed new makeup brushes, as I have never owned any, I thought I needed to own some so I was able to understand what different brushes are used for.
I looked into many websites such as Boots, Mac brushes, Real Techniques brushes yet non of them were what I wanted, (or they were too expensive). For my last hope I looked on Amazon and thankfully found the best (very affordable) LyDia Professional 24pcs Natural-Wooden Set. This set when it arrived was a lot better than expected; the brushes are so soft and easy to apply any product. Every brush is wrapped in plastic wrapping so they don’t get damaged. Also the packaging for the brushes is very compact and easy to put into your holiday bag. I also bought a beauty blender. (Celebrities such as Kim Kardashian, Kylie Jenner and beauty bloggers such as Carli Bybel and Makeup by Leyla). It is by far the best thing I have owned! From wanting your dream airbrushed look to blending your contour (even though its all about strobing now), I can honestly say it is my pride and joy! The applicator has rounded sides which blends large areas of the face with a repeated dabbing or “stippling” motion, A precision tip which covers blemishes and imperfections; a flat edge contours around the eyes and nose.
I do have a lot of makeup, and thankfully my sister told me that I needed to start on getting better foundation. I am finally starting to get the grasp of what shades of lipstick I like and how I like my makeup to be. Some girls (such as my sister) love their thick eyeliner because it suits them really well and makes them stand out. Yet I don’t like massive thick eyeliner, false eyelashes and bold lip colours. (Yet I do sometimes try and see what I can work with).
I’m your typical I don’t care if people see me without make up, but when they see me with I don’t want it to be a dramatic face change. With nights out I love trying something new or something different. That’s why with this look I opted for a very long midi dress, from Topshop (which has unfortunately sold out) retailed in the sale at £12, I teamed my look with a body chain from Topshop retail price £5, and a fake septum piercing (which I lost in Ireland *sniff sniff*)
Many items that are similar to what I wore are linked below.
Similar Dress- Topshop retailed at £24 *Most similar
Strappy BooHoo dress retailed at £20
Gold Tone Chain Body Harness retail price £10
Limited Edition Body Harness retail price £35
Fake Septum Silver retailed at £1.89
My make up is mostly the same except for when I watched YouTube videos. All links of the makeup I used are below. If you have any cheaper options that you love you can comment below or email me on firstname.lastname@example.org
– Maybelline New York Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser (£7.99)
– BareMinerals Matte Warm Tan (avaliable in 20 shades in normal and matte) retail price at £26
– 1 Full Flawless Face Brush retail price £21, to buff in the powder
– Maybelline Eraser Eye Concealer £7.99, to place on my eyelids.
– Sleek MakeUp i-Divine Eyeshadow Palette- Au Naturel £7.99 light peach and medium tone peach colour (used eye blending brush from the LyDia Professional 24pcs Natural-Wooden Set).
– Sleek MakeUp i-Divine Eyeshadow Palette- Storm (used eye blending brush from the LyDia Professional 24pcs Natural-Wooden Set). Golden shimmery look.
– Natural Collection mascara retail price £1.99. (I never have false eyelashes due to me already having long and fuller lashes)
Yet I have linked the best places to get natural looking eyelashes:
–Eylure Naturalites False Eyelashes 107 retail price £5.39,
– Eylure Naturalites 107 Multi Pack False Eyelashes retail price £13.79
– Benefit Speed Brow retail price £12.00
– Maybelline Eraser Eye Concealer retail price £7.99, to place on my nose, fore head and on my chin.
– 1 Maximum Coverage Concealer Brush retail price £14,
– Collection Sheer Loose Powder 20g Translucent 2 retail price £2.99
-To apply this i used the 1 Flawless Application Face Brush retail price £19,
– Natural Collection Blushed Cheeks retail price £1.99
– To apply this I used the blusher brush from the LyDia Professional 24pcs Natural-Wooden Set).
– Sleek Face Contour Kit Medium retail price £9.99
– To apply this I used the contour brush from the LyDia Professional 24pcs Natural-Wooden Set).
– I also wanted to point out the Sleek Matte Me Lip Gloss (birthday suit shade) retailed at £4.99